Re: Wreless Access Control

You don't mention the brand of access control. Could be important. There are
several ways to skin this cat using Schlage Wyreless Access wireless reader
interface, Isonas, Brivo, Cypress Computer Systems, SALock (now part of
Assa Abloy) and even Linear Access to name a few.

To get specific:

1) If your access controller has RS-232 or 485 you can use the Lantronix
WiBox to establish a link.
http://www.lantronix.com/device-networking/external-device-servers/wibox.html
It's cheaper than Black Box but works the same.

2) You didn't mention distance but you could put the control on the inside
of the building and use wireless like this Cypress Computer Systems, Inc.
stuff. http://www.cypressworld.com/index.htm?p=products&sp=g&attr=wireless

3) Use Bosch Access Easy Control (yes you can get it through regular
distribution) with an 802.11a or b or g network. Again no computer to mess
with just establish the wireless link and you're there.
http://www.boschsecurity.us/pdf/EN/%20F01U011924B%20AEC%20(RSM%20to%20Bosch%20Dealer)%20LOW.pdf

4) Screw the whole thing and use Brivo. Then the customer can use any
computer (with Internet access) they want to link to the source and you
don't have to worry about anything other than collecting their monthly
payment. Brivo works in all the spots we put it in so far.
http://www.brivo.com/ Make money just like from a regular monitoring
customer.