Re: Wreless Access Control

"Robert L Bass" <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:CJmdnZRdHZHX5N_YnZ2dnUVZ_tmdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > The problem comes in getting from there
> > to the building with reporting data in some
> > easy to use format.
>
> What is the distance between the gate and the building?  Are there any
obstructions between them?  What kind of construction is the
> building and are there interior walls that might block RF data
transmission?

> There are RF data transmission systems you can use.  The choice is going
to be determined by the answers above.  If it's not too far
> you may be able to implement this using a simple wireless LAN.  That
option will in part hinge on the degree of security required
> and the kind of data being sent.  Log data typically won't need much
security as it can be limited to sending user ID and time -- no
> actual codes.  Obviously, control signals must be secure.

I was considering a point to point data transmission setup.  Use something
with lan management and just make a wireless conenction using high gain
yagis between the building and the gate area.

But you know how it is.  I wanted to see if there was a more complete and
elegant solution available.