Wreless Access Control

I have an application I am trying to figure out.  A facility is putting in a
gate opener on a vehicle gate and a personnel gate with locking hardware.
They want card access for both.  There is power available at the locations,
but they want the readers integrated, and they want activity reporting to a
computer inside the facility.  Unfortunately do to the existance of a
parking lot, distance, and other underground parts of their operation it is
not practical to run a conduit back to the building.  Suggestions?

The access control system can be handled.  There is still raw earth between
the gate operator location and the personnel gate location.  Mount some
poles, and put the access controller in a large electrical J-box insdide the
scondary fence.

The problem comes in getting from there to the building with reporting data
in some easy to use format.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River