Re: Press "1" for English

"G. Morgan" <alarmpro@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:el53k2hhio0bb44uk2ao8eam973ol4jnhm@xxxxxxxxxx
> Called Nextel/Sprint 411 for a phone number.  The first thing the
> recording says is "press '1' for English".
>
> Why the fuck do I have to press *anything* to get an English speaker?
>
> What country is this?  When are you bastards going to stop electing
> officials that are giving the USA away?  I'm not a Bush fan by any
> means, but today he signed the Fence Act, the first sign of
> ballseyness since he decided to kill 2000+ US troops for no reason.
>

> And while I'm at it, the terrorists HAVE won:
>
> Comedy Central is too afraid to show Mohammad's image on South Park.
> http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/2006/04/comedy_central_censored_mohammed_south_park/
>

> BBC reports: "Nearly everyone at the summit, including the show's
> actual producer and the BBC's head of drama, Alan Yentob, agreed they
> could all be thrown into the bin, except the Koran for fear of
> offending Muslims."
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/text/article.html?in_article_id=411846&in_page_id=1770&in_main_section=&in_sub_section=&in_chn_id=
>

> And whatever else I think of later...
>
> So fuck all you for turning my country into shit.

Yeah. It's too late though. Not enough men in government now. I don't mind
that they're crooks so much, I just wish that they had some balls.

Who said this:
"If I had inherited the mess that Johnson got into, I would have said to
North Vietnam, by dropping leaflets out of B-52s, 'You quit the war in three
days or the next time these babies come over they're going to drop some big
bombs on you.' And I'd make a swamp out of North Vietnam ... I'd rather kill
a hell of a lot of North Vietnamese than one American and we've lost enough
of them,"

and this:
     "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more
efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote
welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to
repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones
that do violence to the Constitution or that have failed their purpose, or
that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not
attempt to discover whether legislation is ``needed'' before I have first
determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later
be attacked for neglecting my constituents "interests,'' I shall reply that
I was informed that their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I
am doing the very best I can."

and of course:
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And
let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no
virtue."

I wonder where we would be if he had been elected president  in 1964 instead
of LBJ.
js