Re: New comcast Digital phone Be Aware

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:22:19 -0400, "Robert L Bass"
<robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Verizon has its new FIOS fiber optic system as well and
>> the lines function like pots no problems with it so far.

I have the Comcast Phone Service in Oregon.

You can call the Comcast phone service VOIP if you want, but it merely
is digital phone service that runs with the cable tv signal in the
same coaxial cables.   It does NOT run over the Internet as packets,
but is merely piggybacked on the coax to a regular ESS phone switch.

I've had this for over 3 years now and, since it converts to two wire
pots, I've never had a problem with it.   There is a battery unit in
my garage, but so far, I've not had to deal with replacing it.  The
whole thing has been pretty reliable.

Beachcomber