Re: Need information on security

"R U Kidding" <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:gklej2te79fbbptvro2r46jkeia97i653f@xxxxxxxxxx
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but I'm hoping you can help
> or point me in the right direction. I need info on securing my home.
> It is either that or move quickly.
>
> A small bit of info. I was very recently a victim of a home invasion
> that happened during the day. I was home at the time and they were
> armed.
>
> I have downloaded all of the headers for the last 2 years and am
> working my way through them. But you can probably figure out that I am
> a bit frantic. I would appreciate any suggestions and would be willing
> to discuss this in private email if I can verify (through the past
> years postings) that you are legit. I don't know anything about alarm
> systems. Was thinking of having security gates installed but I'm not
> sure how long it would take.. they aren't very common here. I think an
> alarm system would be a good place to start.

A better place to start is by identifing a legitimate, reputable, LICENSED
AND INSURED alarm contractor, or two or three (whatever makes you
comfortable), in your area. After a personal visit to your home, they will
be better qualified to address your needs and proceed with the required
installation than we would, especially if time is of the essence. You are
going to get to many varied opinions here which may only confuse you and in
reality, at days end, we will not be the ones providing you the service.
Check your yellow pages, local building department, Chamber of Commerce,
State licensing board, State Alarm Association, friends and family for
references, Better Business Burearu, etc. for choices. Stay away from the
"Free" or very low down plans. They are tickler adds that will end up
costing you more in the long run. After you have your info, feel free to
check back and at that time we can say whether it is a good design, good
equipment and fair pricing.

Good Luck and we will talk with you soon!

> Thank you

You're Welcome