Need information on security

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but I'm hoping you can help
or point me in the right direction. I need info on securing my home.
It is either that or move quickly.

A small bit of info. I was very recently a victim of a home invasion
that happened during the day. I was home at the time and they were
armed.

I have downloaded all of the headers for the last 2 years and am
working my way through them. But you can probably figure out that I am
a bit frantic. I would appreciate any suggestions and would be willing
to discuss this in private email if I can verify (through the past
years postings) that you are legit. I don't know anything about alarm
systems. Was thinking of having security gates installed but I'm not
sure how long it would take.. they aren't very common here. I think an
alarm system would be a good place to start.

Thank you