Re: ADT Contract Language help.

The Safewatch 3000 can be reprogrammed locally by anyone who knows the
Ademco/Honeywell product line, it CANNOT be remotely programmed by anyone
except ADT.

Having done scores takeovers of ADT systems; I've only run across a couple
of ADT panels that were data-locked.

I've never seen an ADT contract where you actually own the alarm panel even
after you have paid for the system, so read the fine print on the back.

I've never seen an ADT installation that included any equipment outside of
their "approved" product line. That means they can't "punt" if they need
something special for your system.

I also hate the way they stick the transmitter to the moving part of the
door rather than on the stationary wall.

I hope you get what you want, but you may find the salesperson has only one
goal in mind; getting you to sign the contract, and the installers have one
goal in mind; getting the system put in and gettin outta there. Don't look
for long-term relationships here...you'll probably never see the same
installer or tech or salesperson again...ever. I get most of my ADT
takeovers because the client has to wait sometimes weeks for service.

And...you best buy their maintence contract or you'll get a really big
surprise on your first service call...out here it's 175.00 for them to show
up +