Re: laptop serial port

"Nomen Nescio" <nobody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:34f9598f216a9079660c39c3ea61a956@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> G. Morgan said:
>

>>http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/usa19hs/homepage.spml
>>

>>$40. The Cadillac of serial ports.
>
> Have you tried it on download software, and if so, which ones?  I've tried
> several USB-RS232 converters with Compass, without success.
>
> - badenov

      Using USB TO SERIAL adapters with Compass downloader

      Ademco only indirectly supports these applications, and has had
success with the following:

      1. Belkin USB Serial Adapter (http://www.belkin.com/), This unit works
with DIRECT CONNECT only, via 4100SM module, emulating COM 1 - COM 4 only,
using Windows 98, 98SE, XP, and 2000.

      2. Keyspan: High Speed USB Serial Adapter for WINDOWS
(http://www.keyspan.com/), This unit has been tested, and is approved in
WINDOWS XP and 2000 only, for direct connect, via the 4100SM, and the CIA
modem, when emulating COM 1 - COM 4

      3.  The Hawking HUC-232S.  This product has been tested for all types
of communication, modem and direct connect, with Windows XP Pro Service Pack
2, we do not know if it will work on any other Operating System.  It must
also emulate COM 1 - COM 4.