Understanding GeoVision GV-250

I'm trying to get a GV-250 working on Windows XP.  I've never seen the
software before so I can only guess and read the manual.  I have some basic
questions:

The software version is 7.0x.
DirectX 9.0C is installed
There are 4 cameras into a 4-in BNC card.

When the Configuration is set up, the individual camera setups show live
video.
So, the cameras and much of the software must be working!

However, when the quad-view display is started with monitoring ON on all
cameras, the display is not live video.  Clicking on a frame causes the
frame contents to update and then stays on a static frame once more.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I do plan to reinstall the software.  However, it appears there are many
choices.  What do I need for just a basic live monitoring system?
- hardware driver
- what else???

Thanks,

Fred