Re: Will pet friendly motion detector work with my dog?

Artistry wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am pre-wiring my new house under construction.  I have a 76lbs greyhound
> that will be moving in with my wife and myself.  I am preparing to run the
> 4/22 shielded wire for the 8 motion detectors.  Each bedroom will have one
> motion detector.  My Living room / Dinning room / Kitchen (open floor plan)
> will have 2 detectors with a ceiling that starts at 8 feet and goes up to 10
> feet.  Every detector's corner has an 8 foot ceilings.  The alarm system has
> yet to be determined, but all the sensors will be hard wired.

First of all, no.  Most motion detectors -- even those claiming
immunity to large pets -- will have trouble with a 76 pound dog.
Second, those are wonderful dogs.

As to the wiring, there's no reason to run shielded cable for motion
detectors.  Ordinary 4-conductor (usually 22-gauge unless the home is
exceptionally large) is fine.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
Bass Home Electronics