Re: Using an alarm system off-line

Do yourself a favor and replace the Brinks system. Even if you did get it to
work, it is obsolete equipment with little to no features.

Brinks will not make your system usable without signing up for their service
for 3 years. They basically run things like a cable company. But unlike the
cable company, Brinks is too lazy to remove the equipment they claim they
own. And since you are the new owner of the home, you are not bound by and
of Brinks' demands or ownership claims to the system in your home...toss it,
or sell it on eBay, and keep away from Brinks. They don't have your best
interest in mind. If they did, one would think they would at least let you
use the system without their monitoring. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I have plenty of customers who I service, that do not have monitoring. I
just bill them for time & materials. Everyone is happy. Many times, I have
had those same customers later signup, or their insurance company is now
requesting the home to be monitored. And because I didn't force the
monitoring issue, they usually give me the account.

Jim Rojas