Re: pir false alarms

Why would you want to argue with the installer?, he gave a one year warranty
and now 18 months after the warranty expired you are having problems with
the system. I assume you called him out for service which he has performed
and apparently solved the problem. If the manufacturer has a five year
warranty on the motions then you could have returned them to the
manufacturer yourself, or paid the installer to  remove them, pay him for
shipping them back for repair/replacement and than pay him again to come out
and reinstall them. The installer is under no obligation to do that without
compensation, if he chooses to cover some of the cost then in the interests
of customer goodwill then that's up to him.

As to the cause of the problem, I doubt that its the motion sensors
themselves as it would be unusual for three to fail within a few weeks of
each other.

Since the dual techs have apparently resolved the problem, then I also doubt
that it is a power related, system or wiring problem

I would look for something in the environment that has changed, either
heating/air conditioning changes or even a pet or possible even an unwanted
critter roaming around the house. Since the sensors performed OK for two and
half years then I would tend to rule out incorrect adjustments or incorrect
lenses in the PIR's.

Are the alarms random or do they tend occur at approximately the same time
of day or night?

Doug