ademco 20SE and 4286 phone module ring number?

I just added the phone moduel but I have voice mail supplied by the phone
company rather than an answering machine.  This does not appear to be
addressed in the installation manual.  If I set field 95 to 15 and call from
outside, let it ring once, then call again, I get a fax tone which seems to
be the panel picking up rather than the phone module.  Is there a way around
this?

Dennis