Re: CCTV lens calculator

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 06:55:29 GMT, "A.J." <aj@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>With camera mounted at 20 feet using a 4mm lens, your FOV is still limited
>to 24 x 18.
>
>If you move the camera to 25' height using a 4mm lens, you will get
>30'x22.5".
>
>But then both mounting height are no good since you can only see the top of
>the heads anyway.
>
>You want face regonition and you also want a large FOV with one camera
>??????

I told the dude it would take two cams.  Our company charges monthly
by # of cams online.   I want to find a cam that he can buy outright.

I thought maybe by adjusting ccd size and height and lens I could get
away with one.

I'll make the recommendation that I already thought, and you
confirmed.. He's got to have two to cover his entrance.  Now I'll just
have one for face recognition in front and the other mounted on the
side to cover lateral.

--

-Graham
(remove the double e's to email)