Re: Any tips for a consumer about to purchase a system & contract?

Thanks for the thoughts Tom, but the only way to do it under Canadian
law is to incorporate. This costs several thousands of dollars up
front, and ongoing annual costs for accountants approaching the same.
Last year I grossed several times that amount and paid less than that
in taxes, but that's still too damn much. Large companies like Bell
Canada who would normally have to pay $250 million per annum this year
and $800 million next year get off scott free by changing themselves
into what are called income trusts (at the moment, the current
government is trying to block that loophole, with the usual horrible
cries of pain from the oil industry and others). We have an overall tax
rate of over 57% on everything we do and buy up here. Hell, we
literally work each year until 30th of June to simply pay our taxes - I
kid you not ! But on the other hand, we do have a decent medical care
system in spite of what you might hear in the media, and by and large,
our cities are safe and clean.

Mine is a very small business, and I resent having to incorporate just
to use dividends to pay myself and my employees. Meanwhile they piss
away the taxes I do give them on all sorts of stupid, feel good
programs to gain votes. Some days I think at my age, it would just be
wise to sell out to the large company that is always trying to buy me
out, and be done with it. But then my son would be left with
nothing....

My financial advisor is also one of my customers, and I can assure you,
this bean counter IS sharp. I run a very clean business, with no under
the counter cash dealings, and at the moment, I am doing everything I
can legally do to avoid excessive taxation, short of the act of
incorporation. Up here, that is a "glass ceiling" all its own....

But thanks for the good thoughts....

RHC