Re: Any tips for a consumer about to purchase a system & contract?

"Everywhere Man" <alarminstall@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1162855982.658926.110690@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> So Bill Jones moves into a house with a fully functioning alarm system
> and decides he wants monitoring. Bill calls ABC alarm and tells them he
> will agree to a month to month contract because long term is not in his
> best interest. ABC charges  $20.00 per month. Let me see if I
> understand this. ABC should send a technician out to this man's house,
> reprogram his system, test his system, do paperwork, send signals,
> instruct him on it's use, and then pay someone in admin to put the
> account online for a guarantee of $20 gross to assume this liability?

Not to interrupt your line of discussion with the previous poster, but it
occurs to me that there is some middle ground here and I'd like to bring
it up so that I can better understand things from various POVs.  You
point out that there would be some upfront work to getting the existing
system up and running.  The costs of such could be paid separately (in
the same way that the costs of a new system could be paid separately)
or those costs could be built into a service contract of some minimum
term.  Does it really matter to you which approach is taken?  If so and
if you have the time, could you explain why?  Thanks.