PC based CCTV DVR looking for software

I have built a PC Based DVR for security camera's. I'm looking for some
good DVR software. The camera's are fixed. It seems like a lot of the
software out there is tied to the board. Does anyone have any
recomendations for software. Right now I am using Digital Video Witness
that came with my PCI DVR board. It's OK, but I don't like that if you
close it, it turns the PC off. The software doesn't need to be a web
server because I can just use WinVNC.
Thanks
Brian