Re: another newbie, what to do with this Brinks alarm system?

There was that little old lady on the news a few weeks ago...popped the
burglar twice while he was in the house then popped him again on the way
out. Cops said she was a pretty good shot. Problem is he lived, he'll
probably sue her now.

"Roland Moore" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> [...]
| guy's estate for the broken door and clean up costs too. That's pretty
hard
| core. At least he didn't field dress the bad guy's corpse and claim the
pelt
| to try to sell pieces of it on ebay.
|
| "RobertM" <Reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| >I think most people misunderstand the purpose of an alarm system. The
sole
| >purpose is to give the homeowner enough warning so he can grab his
shotgun
| >and send the mothers into the next county when they break in. To be legal
| >must let them enter the house and be facing me and I must feel
threatened.
| >That's a given because no thief breaks in to wish the homeowner a
pleasant
| >evening. No fair shooting a thief in the back unless one is good at body
| >disposal and cleanup.
| >
| > Bob
| >
| > "J. @netscape.net>" <jsloud2001<removeme> wrote in message
| >>

| >> A burglar alarm does not guarantee a family's safety.  That's a
| >> terrible perception that depends on the public's misinformed ideas
| >> about how residential burglar alarm systems work and the effectiveness
| >> of police agencies that usually despise the alarm companies who waste
| >> police resources with a 90% false alarm rate.  Your not protecting
| >> your family with a $30 a month burglar alarm system.  All you're doing
| >> is giving yourself a false sense of security.  Almost all residential
| >> alarm signals are false alarms.  The vast majority of alarm company
| >> generated police dispatches are for false alarms.  Alarm calls receive
| >> the lowest police dispatch priority.  Some jurisdictions have stopped
| >> responding to alarm signals at all.  Others charge a permitting fee
| >> and a steep false alarm penalty.   You can debate the reasons for this
| >> and who's fault it is, but the fact remains, this industry depends on
| >> a misguided public perception of mysterious, circling 1's and 0's that
| >> protect families with magical powers and instantaneous response from
| >> concerned law enforcement.  This is what is shown on television
| >> commercials and what the alarm salesmen tell the unsuspecting public.
| >>
| >> The good news is that there is pressure on the industry to fix this.
| >> There are emerging technologies such as video analytics that could
| >> replace traditional security systems with much more reliable
| >> technology.  The false alarm penalties and third party alarm response
| >> laws will force the trunkslammers and zero down marketers to rethink
| >> their strategies.  My guess is that we'll see the most radical shift
| >> that we've ever experiences in this industry within the next 5 to 10
| >> years.  With IT companies like IBM and Cisco wanted part of the
| >> security integration market, it's just a matter of time before someone
| >> comes alaong and does it better that what we have right now.  It's
| >> already started in the high end goverment/ industrial markets.

| >>>> |
| >>>> |
| >>>> |
| >>>> |