Re: CCTV at night

Back to night vision CCTV.  Firstly, trying to catch them in the act is
dangerous thinking when you can deter them, keep them away, and scare
them away.

Size is everything.  Those miniature cameras are really bad.  In
daylight it's OK.  At night all you can see are silhouettes.  Night
vision means they take away the IR filter for ordinary use, and add IR
LED's.  They are big and some actually emit faint red lights for all to
see.  I have a 12 LED IR light that looked like a small poor ordinary
torch.  I've seen 36 and 72 high power LED's.  A 50 W light bulb with
an ordinary camera looked better than a cheap 12 LED IR light.  So an
PIR controlled flood light is cheaper, lower power consumption, and
have better images.