Re: SST

It is not bad to team up with a larger company if you get the conditions
right. First establish a draw schedule so you're not being a finance company
for them. Especially don't buy into the "the customer hasn't paid us yet."
If they want to be the prime then that's their problem not yours. Second
make certain you get a good portion of the action on the parts end, not just
the labor. You can do that on a percent basis or by saying I'll buy this
part for the job and keep the whole margin and you buy that part and do the
same. Help? Doesn't sound like they need help or you need practice. If you
do the job, make the terms fit you. I used to think that on big jobs
everything was very detailed. It's just the opposite. Make sure you have
everything covered to the last detail for the whole job, just like you were
the prime, and get the margin you need to stay in business or tell them to
take a hike.