Re: ADT Yard Signs

Not sure about that. If someone stole my sign and put it on the side of
their truck that would be tradename infringement (and I DID win a lawsuit
based upon this)...i wonder how it would be different?

"Robert L Bass" <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
|> How did you obtain an ADT sign "legally"
| > without buying an alarm from ADT? My
| > lawnsigns are my property...
|
| That depends on what ADT may have done.  If they left the sigs there after
the client stopped dealing with them the signs are
| abandoned.  Considering they rarely even collect leased alarm systems, I
doubt they're about to go around collecting old lawn signs.
| Besaides, they don't put them up as a deterrent to theft.  They're
advertising for the alarm company.

| If ADT labels the sigs as company property and makes a reasonable effort
to collect them at the expiration of the contract, then ADT
| has the right to their return.  However, if ADT abandons them they become
the property of the homeowner and he can do whatever he
| wants with them.
|
| > and covered by my tradename (similar to
| > copyright protection...
|
| Not really.  The material printed on them is covered under trademark and
copyright laws but not the physical signs themselves.  It's
| more a book which you write.  If someone in lawful possession of the book
wants to sell it on eBay he has every right to do so.  He