How do you price CCTV service contracts?

Hello everybody,

I'd like to tap the collective wisdom of this nice group.

Reading the latest BICSI News newsletter, in the "Secure your bottom
line..." article the author argues that typical charges for a CCTV system
service contract is 1/3 of the contractor's equipment cost annually. I
plugged the numbers into an estimation for a customer that's asked for a
service contract on a 70+ cameras system we recently installed. Holly cow!
I would have to charge $1250/month PLUS additional labor for cleaning the
cameras once a year as per that article in BICSI News. Is this realistic
here in North East US? I mean, this particular customer already turned
down my last $400/month proposal that I sent based on how I would have
priced a phone system service contract that I'm more familiar with.
So, what would you say? Walk away or raise the proposal to $1250/month? My
boss would love the last one for sure, but I doubt it's sellable.
Any real life input anyone?
Thanks!
D~

Delivered via http://www.secure-gear.com
The Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry
alt.security.alarms - 17523 messages and counting!