GE Devices

No, I won't tell you what you should do again, Nomen.
I will reiterate though- find out what part # 60-401 is, how to use it,
and check out the various devices that are wireless from GE and other
manufacturers.
By real experience, you'll be able to determine:
What manufacturers use a technology that is either
rolling code type or similar.
Who doesn't use it.
GE, although it states ELM Technology; it is NOT rolling codes.
Ge DOES use technology that changes the code in many of their wireless
devices.
Keyfobs from GE and some other Companies are not Supervised!
Think about why?
They don't need to be- can you drive 100 miles away from your house and
not have the panel alert you that the keyfob is out of range?
Please don't make comments in a post about an issue by stating you don't
know much about it!
What's the point?
I must admit,I'm an ASA junkie. Every time I swear up and down that I
should never return- I DO! It's magnetic! Or more to my thinking- I'm
the proverbial fly attracted to shit.
I guess that I hold out that amidst the sewage there is someone's gold
at the bottom that might just be beneficial. I really get irritated by
indivduals that are self-aggrandizing, self-proclaimed experts; and I do
confess that at times I do fly-off the handle. My apologies. I guess my
expectations from posters are more on the line of -" let's help each
other out". No need for ME to sell anything or boost my ego at others
expense- and I assume to expect that perhaps people who DO misinform
others should not INFORM to begin with. I realize USEGROUPS are a
crapshoot- anybody can and will say what they want-Perhaps those of us
who HAVE credentials(whether experience or "sheepskins")to back up our
advice should "put our money where our mouth's are". We can offer
advice, help, and Constructive criticism via debate and postulation, not
by bickering. Again, you may or may not realize, Hungarians- aka ATTILA-
would just as soon cut your head off and crap down the hole first just
to say "I'm sorry" later.LOL
Mike Sokoly