Re: RH Campbell - Talk about price gouging

Russell Brill wrote:
> "Mugsy" <bankrobber@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > RH operates a DIY website.He sell a Paradox 646 keypad for $90.00 that
> > cost the dealer $25.75. Everyone thought Bass's price were insane. See
> > it for your self  http://www3.sympatico.ca/rh.campbell/do-it-yo.htm
> > Talk about price gouging. Shame on you RH. The way you present yourself
> > in this group as one who helps others. No wonder you never mention this
> > DIY web site here. You sure showed your true colors.
>
> He also provides the following information:
>
> Pricing is NOT the lowest you will find on the internet; however, all
> equipment comes with full support from someone (me) with 12 years of
> professional alarm installation experience, and over a 1000 installations
> done. This may be worth the difference to you.

Like you, I personally don't care WHAT price someone eles sells their
parts or services for. But I think what the original poster might be
alluding to ..... is that Robert is always talking about how other
companys overprice their services and parts and give very little to the
end user in comparison to what HE provides.  He's always saying that
other companys "rip off" their clients in various ways ..... that he
doesn't.  And here, he is apparently not carrying that philosophy over
into his on line sales. He'll "give away"   a "free" keypad to one of
his clients as part of a service call but charges twice the price for
the same keypad that all he has to do is drop ship to a customer.  This
could certainly be described as a little bit hypocritical ......  Seems
to me.