Re: Bad Alarm Installation Pictures

> Picture this. Cool/cloudy summer summer morning. Clouds break, temp
> goes up 15-20 outside, attic temp can easily jump up 30-40 degrees in
> far less time than the threshold of a rate of rise.

Some common Rate-of-Rise hear detectors require a 15ºF rise per minute
before they will respond.  I doubt you'll encounter such a rapid rise in a
non-fire situation.  However, as you correctly mention, summer attic
temperatures in excess of 135ºF are common even in the northern parts of the
continental US.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass