Re: Pet Peeve of the Week

> How about movies with subtitles in Braille?
> I tried to patent the idea but my attorney just
> couldn't see it catching on.

A friend of mine from my old church in CT once asked me over to his
apartment to help him with something.  When I got there he handed me the
programmable remote for his TV set and asked if I'd set it up for him.  He
could handle almost anything else by himself but that one stumped him.

BTW, this fellow was one of the most self-sufficient people I've ever known.
He could play just about any instrument like a pro.  He rode a bicycle from
time to time -- on public streets!  He also led a group of about 20 church
youth and staff members on an overnight hike on the Appalachian Trail one
time.  We had some fun with the kids the morning of the hike.  I drove over
to Brad's apartment and picked him up in my 4Runner.  When we arrived at the
church the kids were all waiting in the back parking lot.  I switched places
with Brad, slinked down and operated the card from the right seat.
Meanwhile Brad held his white cane out the driver's window, tapping the
pavement as we slowly drove past the kids behind the church.

Heh, heh, heh... :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass