Re: IP cameras on ring topology, not star

On Tue, 02 May 2006 03:41:16 GMT, Matt Ion <soundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>That's a possibility as well, but you'd need a modulator for each
>camera, each putting signal on a different channel.  The "cheap" ones
>only work on channels 3 and 4; the ones that give you a wider option of
>higher channels (like this one:
>http://www.rpelectronics.com/English/Content/Items/H541.asp) are more in
>the range of $300.  Each.  I guess if cost is no object, the $30,000
>worth of modulators is a viable option...

That might work for fixed cameras, but what if some are PTZ's?

I wonder where the client got the idea wireless is not secure?  The US
Government uses encrypted 802.11a for at least one Homeland Security
application that I personally worked on.

--