Re: Newbie questions

Jim wrote:
> There's one thing about your post that no one has addressed ..... and
> that is your
> intention to arm your system only when you are not home.
>
> One question I always ask prospective clients when they suggest that is
> If you had to choose a time .... to arm your system and you could only
> choose one. Would you choose a time when you and your family were home
> or when no one was home? (Hint) When are the most valuable things that
> you have ....... there.? ie. Possessions can be replaced.
>
> I'd suggest that you try to watch that new program on TV.  "It takes a
> thief"  Gives you somewhat of an idea of what it's like and how a
> burglary is accomplished.

Even though my primary concern is burglary while nobody's home,
however, I suspect that once I learn more about the system, I may arm
it at night.  That's how they show burglaries happening in many movies.
 I guess that means you can arm the window/door sensors without arming
the motion detector (which is more likely to get false trigger if the
owner got up at night and forgot about it and tried to go downstairs
and get something to drink)?