Re: Can car alarm be set off by cell phone?

Nomen Nescio wrote:
> Jim said:
>
> >Four or five years ago, I had to move a smoke detector out of a
> >business conference room. Every time someone would use a cell phone in
> >the room, it would set off the fire alarm.
>
> Did the cell phone set off the smoke detector itself, or did the
> interference get into the control panel?  Meaning, did the smoke detector's
> red LED latch on?  What kind of smoke detector or panel was responsible?
>
> - badenov

Smoke detector would latch up.  Was an older ESL smoke. I don't
remember what revision. Owner didn't want to take a chance by just
replacing with a new unit. I replaced it with a newer unit but out side
and away from the conference room. Never tripped again, but who knows
if it was due to the move or the new unit.