Re: Electric door bump thingie

Crash Gordon wrote:
> Working on a custom maglock project. I need something like a 12v solenoid to
> "bump" a hidden door opened after the maglock releases. There's no visible
> means of opening the door from outside the room. Just has to bump the door
> opened enough so you can grab the door to open it.
>
> Or..any other ideas?

Another thought.  Is the door closed mechanically (door closer)?
Sometimes you can adjust these to keep the door slightly open.  This
would of course require the customer/end-user to push the door closed to
engage the mag lock on the "outside" of the door and a handle on the
inside to pull it closed.  When the lock released, the door would "pop"
open enough to grab it (that's actually the simpler way to handle it).