Re: pet sensors

"denise" <artwench@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:O9s8g.111882$tc.70666@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Could anyone tell me if pet sensors/PIRs work. I have been recommended
Optex
> RX-40PT   -  RX40QZ. Or has anyone got any other suggestions.
>
> Denise

Pet immune sensors do work as long as you follow manufacturer
specifications. I use the Optex RX-40PI on a regular basis with no problems.
I don't believe the PT and QZ are available in the states. Where are you
located? The PI is pet immune, the PT has pet tolerance and the QZ is ID
programmable. Since they are not available here, I am not sure of their
specs. They may be all the same simply using different verbage. All pet
immunes will have problems when pets weigh in right at the maximum weight
recommended on the motion, because there are other factors that will change
that weight limit and there is a certain tolerance difference in most
electronics anyways. For instance, you don't want to use a 40 lbs. sensor if
your pet is 39 lbs.  Multiple pets can cause problems as well, even if they
are under the weight limit. Pets that go verticle (cats) may cause a problem
and if you have a two story home, don't aim the detector at the stairway.
Watch mounting heights as well as all the other no no's when using a motion,
windows, heaters, air vents, etc. Under normal circumstances, with a small
pet, the technology is stable.

Hope this answers some questions for you.

Bob W.