Re: Ademco Panels?

Mike Sokoly said:

>>I think it would be a little silly to have rolling codes for door/window
>> transmitters, since there's no way to resync them without a service call.
>Bullshit- GE's stuff works fine

It's my understanding that only the keyfobs use rolling codes -- ELM, as GE
calls it.  However, I don't use ITI/GE wireless, so I may be mistaken.

>> Plus, rolling codes don't appreciably increase the security of sensors,
>> since an intruder's problem is to block the legitimate alarm signal from
>> reaching the receiver, not to transmit the correct  disarm signal.
>Who's opinion? Yours, documented or proven by yourself?

Even Bass has figured this one out. You should be embarrassed.   Rolling
codes are intended to prevent someone from disarming the system by
transmitting the correct serial number/code.  If I tell you that the
wireless transmitter for a certain house is #012345, please tell us how
transmitting that serial number will defeat the system.

>Guess again smartass- I've seen it done by perps with a "Board" full of
>deivces that they drive thru neighborhoods with.

You've "seen it done?"  You ride around neighborhoods with perps?

A burglar would have to know what brand of system is in use.  He would then
have to know that the system is configured for wireless keyfobs.  He would
then need to identify which wireless signal is the disarm signal, and
determine that it is not a rolling code system.  Then, he'd need to have
the equipment to transmit that particular code.  Not entirely beyond the
realm of possibility, but not very damn likely, either.

>> As far as putting batteries in Ademco wireless transmitters to piss off
>> ADI...apparently, you don't understand serial numbers.
>It's a joke jerkoff, I understand the technology more than a two bit
>jackshit like you does.

No, it wasn't a joke.  You just don't know what the fuck you are talking
about, and are trying to cover up your ignorance.

Let me give you a tip:  if you're going to make a joke, it works better if
you actually say something funny.  Otherwise, people just assume you're a
stupid shit.

- badenov