Re: How does one find employees, including trainees?

"mm" <NOPSAMmm2005@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> How does one find employees, including trainees?
>
> I have a friend with a burglar alarm business, installation and
> monitoring, homes and commerical property (no autos).
>
> He needs more installers and repairmen.   Any ideas on where he can
> get them?

I got my start about two years ago from an ad posted at an employment
agency.

I had tons of computer experience, a little home construction experience,
but no alarm experience at all... never even touched a keypad before.

He was looking for someone experienced, but was willing to train too.

There isn't really much training when you get someone like me.  Now I'm the
only person doing installations and service.  15-20 installations a month.
Residential, commercial, cameras, and whatever else I get thrown into.  It's
a small town so we manage to keep up but are generally booked solid for a
week or two in advance.

As far as ohm's law goes, I've never used it.  What would I need it for in
the alarm field?  Electronics, sure... electrical, maybe... alarms, no.