Re: New 10 digit dialing problems

On Wed, 10 May 2006 10:49:49 -0400, "Bob Worthy"
<securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We all know ADT is a corner
>stone of the industry and drives the market. I am just more of a realist
>than to say everything is rosey.

That's why we just fired 200 managers and reorganized the entire
company.  Koch's serious about fixing the problems.

We're spending millions of dollars on a front end CRM package to help
fix the customer data and sales estimation process.  We've already put
in place a perpetual inventory solution to enable better inventory
tracking/ replenishment.   We just put in place the industry's most
advanced service dispatch and routing system that schedules service
calls in real time based on technician availablity, customer profile,
proximity, tech skill sets, etc.  The entire company now uses a six
sigma model for process development and problem solving.

ADT's problems stem from the mass acquisition of over 1.5 million
accounts that was done too quickly and without regard to the long term
consequences.  It was  part of the old Tyco mentaility to buy as much
growth as possible.  ADT was a much better company before all the
aquisitions (mid-90's).  That's the direction they're trying to move
it now.  Too bad it took them so long to realize it.