Re: smoke detector wiring

> I'm assuming the reversing relay is for interconnecting
> the sounders, in which case you'll need 6 conductors
> at each detector rather than 4...

I'm coming into this thread a bit late so pardon me if I missed something
but you shouldn't ordinarily need 6 wires for the smokes.

Run smoke power for all smokes through a single reversing relay.  Run the
zone wire pairs to the detectors individually.  When the panel goes into
alarm from any smoke detector all detectors will sound.

Don't use the smoke sounders for anything but fire.  You want their sound to
mean one thing and one thing only -- fire.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics