Re: To Stanley B.

> Robert has obviously never used a walk-behind trencher (or been involved
> in laying low voltage cable).  I have several Provincial Government
> related contracts that require both (trenching and the laying of low
> voltage cable).  I have on more than one occasion wound up coming up
> against services less than the required depth specified by both the
> engineer on the job, and applicable codes.  In those instances were the
> run hasn't been compromised, we usually wind up with an "extra" to rectify
> the problem.  Sometimes it's not even the original contractor's fault.
> What often happens is that the area is "re-graded" to aid drainage or
> because it's been made "bigger" (more space needed).  There are any number
> of reasons why a service could suddenly be less than the required depth
> (and I haven't even broached the subject of incompetent installation).
> Remember whom you're dealing with when responding to Robert.  He has no
> "real world" experience to draw upon.  As has been demonstrated here, he
> also doesn't really "plonk" anyone.  He reads everything posted in this
> Group and will "pounce" when he sees an opportunity to denigrate someone
> actually *in the trade*.

Yeah, he's a button-pushing know-it-all Cliff Clavin scumbag, to be sure,
and I should know better than to delve into a futile discussion with the
moron. It's unbelievable how foolish he is sometimes. I can't imagine what
having absolutely no conscience whatsoever must feel like. His poor wife is
either earning her place in heaven, or is a worse demon than he is.