Re: Electric door bump thingie

Ohhhhhhhh now it is making some sense.  At first I thought you were working
on a handicap issue.  It is much easier now.

Simple solution #1  Pick up some coil springs at the local hardware store.
Either drill holes to match diameter and epoxy or press fit into holes.  The
holes would be in the jamb portion of the frame and would compress when the
door is shut and the mag is energized.  When the mag is de-energized the
springs would then just push the door open.  You could install the spring in
the door itself at the top on the strike side.  Mount and small angle
bracket for it to push against.  Simple?? Yes!!!!

Not as Simple solution #2   Go to a local auto parts dealer and pick up a
gas charged support rod.  Like what is on lift gates or hoods.  Here you
will have to find one that has the right dimensions to fit your door.  When
fitted properly and the door is closed with the mag energized all is well.
When the mag is de-energized the gas piston will gently push the door open.

Please send all royalties to:  Me

Good luck,

Les