Re: New 10 digit dialing problems

On Mon, 8 May 2006 11:34:44 -0400, "Bob Worthy"
<securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I know Slink walked away from about 7,000 accounts down in Dade and Broward
>County, Florida when they didn't make the dead line. ADT was working off of
>an ooooooolllllllddddd customer list when they were out there changing
>things over. I have a medical facility, that at that time, had been my
>customer for about 4 years. I knew the previous company had sold to
>Huizinga, who sold to Slink, who sold to ADT. They came in to change over to
>10 digit dialing. I would say they were working off of a bad list. If they
>had a current one, they might have got more done instead of chasing non
>customers.

I was personally involved in the project.  Slink may have done that
before the acquisition.  The only ADT customers that were not
converted were customers that could not be reached, refused the
serrvice, etc.  ADT didn't just stop billing customers under contract.
Letters were sent to all of the customer base explaining the 10 digit
switch and why it was necessary.  The list was generated from MAS from
the active customer pool.  It is quite possible that you "took over"
an account that was never correctly discontinued by your new-found
customer and thus never taken out of the monitoring system.  The data
coming over from Slink wasn't perfect by any means.

Don't worry, we'll all get