Re: IP cameras on ring topology, not star

On Mon, 01 May 2006 09:31:10 -0400, Pat Coghlan <info@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>What goes on each pole, add/drop fibre mux of some kind?  Cost?
>
>Are you thinking of Sonet?  DWDM?
>
>Real world examples of this type of setup?

This may be a good opportunity to educate your customer on secure
wireless technology.  Secure, encrypted wireless is in many ways more
secure than hardwired systems.  You can't cut wires where they don't
exist.

If your customer is worried about interference, check into licensed
wireless and stay away from the 802.11 stuff.

We've done numerous projects using wireless technology including DHS
and DoD sites.  Well known examples are the Port of Oakland and
MassPort.

A couple links to check out:

http://www.marconi.com/Home/customer_center/Solutions/Enterprise/Security%20%26%20Surveillance

http://www.verint.com/video_solutions/index.cfm