Re: Ultrasonic Sensors

"Robert L Bass"  wrote in message

> >> There are companies that will do the locates for you...
>
> They're called utilities, as in electric power, CATV and telephone
> companies.  They don't charge for coming out to locate their wires for
you.
> There's a page in the front of most phone books with the heading, "Call
> Before You Dig".

Thought you had me on "ignore" Robert.

> > Unless you hit an a/c svc line with a walk-behind
> > trencher....
>
> Found a lot of high power cables less than 36" below grade, have you?
Power
> companies lay their lines deeper than the trencher can reach.

The utility companies do, phone and cable don't on their laterals. But then
we always have the DIYer that gets tired of digging and burys romex, or if
he is real cheap, that lamp cord, out to his new Home Depot light post. Or
maybe he needed to add that extra circuit for his Christmas lights out in
the middle of his yard. He hardly got more than 12-16" down. Never consider
the obvious do ya! You just never know what the last guy did. I loved the
DIYer that had a speed bump in his drive way. The PVC went right across with
asphalt over the top. Of course he was proud that he got it over there with
such ingenuity.