Re: Newbie questions

Pat Coghlan wrote:
> Jim wrote:
> > Bill wrote:
>
> >> Then the best security is physical. Bars on windows, doors, etc.
> >>

> > The only problem with your post is that it sounds just plausable enough
> > to appear knowledgable to someone who doens't know any better.
>
> Ever drive around LA?  Pretty much every house in various neighbourhoods
>   opts for physical security.

I don't think anyone suggested that an alarm system was the only way to
obtain peace of mind involving security of their home. However, living
with bars on my doors and windows is not my idea of living. If they can
live that why .... good for them. Those that can't ......... they live
someplace else.

And although I've been to LA, once seeing it, I would never return. One
of the more disappointing trips I ever made. Garbage pit the same a New
York City, only with short buildings and an occasional drooping palm
tree.