Re: Newbie questions

"Pat Coghlan" <info@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Tm08g.3698$aq5.143610@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Jim wrote:
>> Bill wrote:
>
>>> Then the best security is physical. Bars on windows, doors, etc.
>>>

>> The only problem with your post is that it sounds just plausable enough
>> to appear knowledgable to someone who doens't know any better.
>
> Ever drive around LA?  Pretty much every house in various neighbourhoods
> opts for physical security.
>

>> You're a dangerous person to be posting advice to novices.  You need to
>> be in this business for a few years and expericence the results of your
>> kind of thinking.
>>

> --
>
> -Pat

    Good security addresses all the issues. An alarm system, plentiful
lighting, dead bolts, security bars on doors and windows, cut back bushes
and trees, nosy neighbors, and as a last resort, being well armed. My alarm
makes plenty of noise in an attempt to scare off an intruder. It would take
the law 45 minutes to get here so there isn't much point to a silent alarm.
By the time they arrived, it would be all over. The thief would either be
gone or would be dead.

    Bob