Re: installing extra power supply for 8132i

Scott_DC wrote:
> I'm installing a 8132i keypad for my vista 128FBP system, and have a
> question about the supplemental power supply for it. I orderd the
> 8132ipk so it cames with the AD12612 power supply/charger. The
> documentation for the power supply says to use a 4AH Gel Cell battery.
> Would I be asking for trouble if I used a 7.2AH battery? I'd rather use
> the 7.2 because it's the same battery model i'm using for backup power
> on the main panel, and I would prefer have a longer backup time.

If you do, you could wind up with a major thermo-bass-o-theric event.
Probably wind up melting your thingie and the whozitz too (I won't even
mention what could happen to the customer's robertinator).

Seriously, "the bigger the better", (or so my wife keeps saying).  :-)