Re: IP cameras on ring topology, not star

Matt Ion said:

>That's a possibility as well, but you'd need a modulator for each
>camera, each putting signal on a different channel.  The "cheap" ones
>only work on channels 3 and 4; the ones that give you a wider option of
>higher channels (like this one:
>http://www.rpelectronics.com/English/Content/Items/H541.asp) are more in
>the range of $300.  Each.  I guess if cost is no object, the $30,000
>worth of modulators is a viable option...

Not at all.  You're forgetting to consider the cost savings of using analog
cameras compared to the substantially more expensive network cameras.  The
cost of RF modulators can be further reduced if it is possible to place two
cameras on one pole and use one two-channel modulator.

I'm not saying this is the optimal solution, but if one-way video is all
that's required, this might be cost-effective.

- badenov