Installer code lockout after power-down on ADEMCO 50P

Hi,

A few years back I did a DIY install of an Ademco 50P.

In the process of adding new devices this morning I got lost in the
programing menu and cound not back out, so I powered down the panel
(disconnected the power and batteries for about 30 seconds)  then
powered it back up.

The panel came back up as ready to arm, but would no longer accept the
instaler code to enter the programming mode, arm the system, or
anything else - I can arm and disarm the system via a user code, it
reports fault conditions and all the changes I made prior to the
power-down seem to be in effect,  it just does not respond in any way I
can discover to the instaler code.

Any suggestions?