Re: Who Are the Best DIY Suppliers for Tech Support?

Charles Schuler wrote:
> <TBkGuard-Google@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>Hi,
>>I would like to buy and install an alarm system from one of the online
>>DIY suppliers.    Any recomendations on who are the best suppliers in
>>terms of tech support?  Good tech support is more important to me than
>>the best price.
>

> http://www.homesecuritystore.com/
>
> These folks have good prices and excellent customer service.  I have no
> affiliation ... just a happy customer.  Their email tech support is above
> average.
>
> Do yourself a favor and stay away from Robert L. Bass!

I don't think it's up to us to *tell* someone to "stay away" from a
particular product or company.  In fact, there's a good deal of turmoil
generated from posts like this and I, for one, am getting pretty tired
of the whole thing.  Suggesting an alternative product backed by
reasonable argument is infinitely preferable to what's been happening
here. These days you can do a lot of in depth research on the Internet
from the comfort of your own home.  Granted a good deal of it is
marketing "hype", but there's also helpful resources like the BBB,
Consumer Reports, and the like.  I think directing an individual like
this to some of these so they can make their own informed decision is a
far better way to go.

I'd encourage anyone contemplating the "DIY" route to read some helpful
tips here:  http://www.yoursecuritysource.com/buyingonline.htm.

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com