Re: Keypads

inline...

"neo" <tolga.uzuner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1143756469.089823.119320@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
| Hi there,
|
| I have a garage door and a garden door which I want to open and close
| with the same keypad installed outsidemy garden near the entrance to
| the garage. I also want to be able to open and close either of them
| with a remote, and I also want them wired into my video monitoring
| system inside the home.
|
| The garage door and the garden door will be operated by a motor.
|
| I have some basic questions:
| 1. Will any keypad work with any video security monitoring/intercom
| system ? Do they abide by some standard ?
No. Each alarm uses its own keypad. There are generic keypads that provide
closure or opening relays also.

| 2. Same with the motors for my garage door and garden door: do the
| keypads and the motors speak a common language ?
Most motors speak a common language; on/off. Alarm panels can provide relay
control (open/close) but not all. Keypads generally do not speak motor, they
speak data to alarm panel, alarm panel speaks to relays relays open/close.

| 3. What does "two relay outputs" mean ?
It means that whatever you are talking about has two relay
outputs...sometimes this means it includes the relay itself sometimes it
means there's a socket to plug a relay into...or something of that nature.

| 4. What does "two solid state outputs" mean ?
Sometimes referred to as collector outputs...like relay control but not a
actual switch.

| 5. Can I fit this myself or do I have to have a technician ?
Judging by your questions....get a tech.

| 6. I had a bit of a look around: AKR-1 from Linear sort of seemed to
| fit the bill. Any thoughts from anyone ? Is there something better ?
| What is the Rolls-Royce solution ?
Dunno..pretty hard to visualize what you are doing by the description
given...how will  you open a house door with a motor? What alarm system are
you connecting this all to...IOW; what exactly are you doing?

| I need somethin which is vandal and weather proof as it will be
| installed outside.
Probably, maybe.

What's the budget?..because this probably won't be cheap.