Re: Can a Napco system & DSL connection co-exist?

"petem" <petem001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de
> news: ped022lq0sd2rdt8curp7iabt17uqltmt4@xxxxxxxxxx
>>> the alarm companies have a dsl filter thingy that plugs between  your
>>> RJ31X
>>> jack and alarm system [that is the jack that the alarm system  plugs
>>> into]
>>> that will keep that from happening.
>>
>> Wrong advice.  The gentleman is trying to make sure his DSL
>> doesn't go down during Napco's transmission.  The plug-in DSL
>> filter will not work for him.
>>
>>> You can also purchase these online.
>>
>> I sell them online but this gentleman doesn't need one.  He's
>> better off using the split filter arrangement.
>>

> No you did the wrong advice...the dsl signal will be feed to the rest of
> the lines even if the alarm panel is calling the central if he use a good
> dsl filter for rj31x..the split filter thing is a nono if you are a pro...

I've read up on the different filters for the rj31x, and while they seem to
provide a valid solution, can you please explain you "the split filter thing
is a nono if you are a pro"?  Assuming the unfiltered split is solely for a
DSL modem, and nothign else, is there a reason why that config shouldn't
work?

Or is it more of a "dummy-proofing" the home, where you want to ensure that
every outlet in the house is seizable by the Alarm Panel.  It is apparent
that if you disconnect the DSL modem, and plug a regular phone into that
unfiltered jack, that the Alarm Panel will not be able to seize the line if
that phone is offhook.  But assuming that the only thing that ever goes on
that line is only the DSL modem, I don't see why the soln would not work.

Thanks for the info!

Eric