Re: Who Are the Best DIY Suppliers for Tech Support?

"Robert L Bass" wrote in message > On 27 Mar 2006 21:36:05 -0800,
TBkGuard-Google@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > For example, what does having a prior felony or being responsible for
> > someone's death have to do with current tech support?

People with felonies cannot get a license to legally work in the security
industry. RLB likes to remind unsuspecting newbies that he doesn't need a
license to be a reseller of equipment, which is true if that is all he is
doing. What he doesn't tell them is that he, BassBurglarAlarms.com, or what
ever his other websites call themselves, must warranty the equipment due to
the fact that the manufacturers have stopped warranting his sales, and have
issued cease and desists orders on him for using their names. As far as
dealing with a felon who operates an online store, would you knowingly just
give them your credit card number? As far as your last question on "current
tech support", that is where he needs a license and that is also funny,
because in a rapidly changing business, he has not installed or serviced
anything in years. How current can he be?  His only exposure is what  he
learns.....er........steals here. But on the other hand, it is free info and
you get what you pay for.

> FWIW, the poster tried to confuse the issue

No confusion, just a warning

> by combining two unrelated
> incidents.  The felony was an assault
(with a gun) not "battery", mind you.

Oh, then that is different. You can go now.

> In Florida "assault" means to threaten someone.

With a gun?

> The death he mentions was an auto
> accident -- no crime involved.

Tell that to her survivors since you were driving irresponsibly.

> The assault was nearly 30 years ago.  It cost me dearly at the time.  I
rebuilt
> my life and spent many years helping others do the same.

Got your voting priviledges back yet, bASS face.